Go Carterton’s Growth Fund is open for applications! What’s the grant for? It’s a small boost of cash to take away a problem that’s stopping you from being successful in your business or to put it another way, to help your business grow!
Go Carterton would like to encourage and support the growth of existing businesses in our town and the attraction of new businesses to Carterton. That’s why we created the Go Carterton Growth Fund, a contestable grant that’s available to members and non-members to boost their business. We make 2 awards of $1000 each, twice per year. Applications are reviewed by an impartial committee of the Go Carterton executive team. Grant recipients are asked to present to the committee once the award is made and the activity underway.
The two successful applicants from Round 1 were Rae Matheson Ltd and Wairarapa Dream Clean Ltd. They stood out for their well thought out business plans, and the unique ways they would grow their businesses as a result of the grant.
What would your business do with $1000? Here’s some ideas but it’s over to you. Maybe you need to;
- Underwrite the cost of hiring someone to open on Saturday for a while to see if it’s worth doing long term
- Finally get that online store built so people can buy from you night AND day
- Take the leap on a new premises
- Have a professional overhaul your shop interior
- Go on a training course that will boost your skills and help you grow your business in a particular area
You get the idea! This is not for business as usual costs or for unpaid bills, sorry. Applications close the 30th September.